COLLAGEN POWDER FOR BEAUTIFUL SKIN, HAIR AND NAILS
Beautiful skin on the outside needs a healthy foundation on the inside. A growing body of research has shown how certain nutrients, and in particular collagen peptides, can significantly improve skin and promote beauty from within.
Collagen is the main protein of connective tissue in animals and the most abundant protein in mammals.
Along with soft keratin, it is responsible for skin strength and elasticity, and its degradation leads to wrinkles that accompany ageing.
Collagenx hydrolysed collagen powder contains 18 amino acids, the building blocks of our tissues and the primary component of proteins. Glycine, proline and hydroxyproline represent around 50% of Collagenx hydrolysed collagen protein powder total amino acid content; the glycine and proline concentration in our hydrolysed collagen peptide is 10 to 20 times higher than in other proteins. As a result, Collagenx hydrolysed collagen offers health benefits that cannot be found in other protein sources.
Beautiful skin on the outside needs a healthy foundation on the inside. A growing body of research has shown how certain nutrients, and in particular collagen peptides, can significantly improve skin2.
CollagenX hydrolysed collagen peptides are safe, bioactive peptides, optimised to be easily digestible, highly bioavailable and effective in delivering specific benefits to skin tissue.
Backed by Science
As the most extensively researched collagen peptides brand available on the market, Collagenx hydrolysed collagen’s anti-aging benefits are well documented with visible effects demonstrated after just one month of use in several clinical studies3,4.
From the age of around 30 years, skin cells (fibroblasts) activity starts to slow down, leading to a loss of collagen density and the first appearance of visible signs of ageing such as wrinkle formation, dehydration and loss of firmness. Collagenx Hydrolysed Collagen can counteract these effects of aging and promote a more youthful appearance by supplying a boost and a restructuring effect on the skin's collagen network from within.
By stimulating the production of hyaluronic acid, Collagenx hydrolysed collagen peptide also offers skin hydration benefits. The efficacy of Collagenx hydrolysed collagen is backed by a large body of evidence, and including three controlled studies on women.
Decrease in collagen fragmentation after intake of CollagenX hydrolysed collagen at week 0, 4 and 12
Reversing the effects of ageing on the skin
In a randomised, placebo-controlled, double-blind clinical trial3, 106 women aged 40-65 received 10g of Collagenx hydrolysed collagen or placebo per day for a period of three months.
- Collagenx hydrolysed collagen significantly decreased the fragmentation of collagen in the deep layer of the dermis – by 18% after four weeks and as much as 31% after twelve weeks of Collagenx hydrolysed collagen intake.
- Collagenx hydrolysed collagen helps improve the quality of skin collagen by reversing structural damage that occurs during skin aging.
- Stimulation of collagen synthesis
- In a randomised, placebo-controlled, double-blind clinical trial3, 33 women aged 40-59 received 10g of Collagenx hydrolysed collagen or placebo per day for a period of two months.
Collagenx hydrolysed collagen increased skin hydration by as much as 28% after eight weeks of intake.
Collagenx hydrolysed collagen helps counteract the appearance of dry skin typical in aging by increasing the skin's moisture levels.
Stimulation of hyaluronic acid (GAG) synthesis
In an ex vivo study3 an acidic glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) was visualised by Alcian Blue staining in a histological analysis.
CollagenX hydrolysed collagen treatment significantly increased the amount of acidic GAGs present in the epidermis in a dose-dependent manner, to a max. increase of +745 %. This increase is mainly represented by hyaluronic acid since it is the main acidic GAG of the skin.
Collagenx hydrolysed collagen helps improve the skin's moisture by increasing the amount of water-binding hyaluronic acid in the epidermis.
- Transparency Market Research, 2015
- Cosgrove, M.C. et al., 2007, Dietary nutrient intakes and skin-aging appearance among middle-aged American women. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 86 (4): 1225-1231
- Asserin, J. et al., 2015. The effect of oral collagen peptide supplementation on skin moisture and the dermal collagen network: evidence from an ex vivo model and randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trials. Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, 14:291-301. doi: 10.1111/jocd.12174
- Borumand, M. et al., 2014, Daily consumption of the collagen supplement Pure Gold Collagen® reduces visible signs of aging, Clinical Interventions in Aging. 9:1747-1758